Farm Work on the Spectacular Tablelands
FAQ regarding Farm Jobs Available, 2nd Year Holiday Visa
We hope to be able to answer all your questions about how to gain those hours for your 2nd year holiday visa and what work experience is available. If you have any more FAQ’s regarding farm jobs available, please call us or Contact Us.
1. Will I be guaranteed work?
No. Farm work is heavily dependant upon weather conditions and market price. We are not able to guarantee the length of time the employment is for or the number of hours worked. However, we always do our best to find you work.
2. What do I need to have before I can complete farm work?
3. How long can I work for?
4. Does all work count as days towards my 2nd year working holiday visa?
5. Do I need to pay anything upfront?
Rent is always paid 1 week in advance.
6. Is there work at weekends?
Weekends are an opportunity to see the beautiful Atherton Tablelands, Port Douglas, Cairns, or the Savannah Country to the west of Atherton.
7. What type of farm work or farm jobs are available?
Jobs available for backpackers seeking employment to gain their second year visa include avocado picking, banana farming, lychee and picking mangos.